Monday, February 12, 2007

Support charity: buy a newspaper?

The oldest newspaper in the world is to be an online only publication I discovered last Wednesday, when a colleague (Mr Hillyard) email me the link to the Wired item. Today, as it's half-term I walked to the local shop and bought a newspaper, which on reflection seemed pointless given the availability of the content online. However, like books, newspapers are old technology, and yet they are, also like books, enduring; despite spending too much time online, handling and reading a printed newspaper is pleasing to me. Having said that, I read all my news online six days of out seven; perhaps printed pages are more of a pleasure from the past, especially when you consider the rise in mobile internet content.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Free Counters